Take Command of Your Projects
About the Workshop
It only takes one challenging project to understand the importance of effective leadership and strong team dynamics. You need soft skills to meet the hard measures that determine project success.
If you've ever struggled with:
- Motivating team members
- Influencing decision makers
- Strengthening key relationships
- Resolving conflicts
- Making swift and sound decisions
- Communicating clearly and concisely
It's time to take command of your projects!
Learn how to earn the respect, support and commitment of project sponsors, stakeholders and team members. Create a culture of accountability, Increase your personal, professional, and political power.
- Develop a plan to increase your personal, professional, and political power
- Use the language of management to get your point across crisply and clearly to sell your decisions and ideas to stakeholders
- Analyze difficult situations to achieve the right balance of your head and your heart as appropriate
- Create a plan to build, maintain and/or improve your relationships with stakeholders, customers, management, and the project team
- Identify how to resolve conflict in a positive and confident manner
- Apply the criteria of effective decision making to navigate the environment surrounding tough situations
What You Will Learn
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will learn how to earn respect, support, and commitment from:
- Project sponsors,
- Project stakeholders,
- Project team members
by creating and maintaining a culture of accountability and respect.
According to experts, successful project managers use the right balance of their hearts and their heads – applying project management tools and techniques to skillfully plan and execute projects while expressing care, concern, and consideration for the people they work with to build and maintain positive relationships.
It is easier to measure project success by the numbers, completion dates, and project costs than it is to measure the motivation of the team and one's ability to influence and solve problems with harmony. Learn how to gain the support of stakeholders and increase your credibility with the right blend of facts and self-confidence.
- Module i Introduction
- Module 1 Understanding Your Project
- Module 2 Framework for Taking Command – Emotional Intelligence
- Module 3 Identify and Analyze the Players
- Module 4 Tools & Techniques for Effective Interactions
- Module 5 Using the Language of Management Effectively
- Module 6 Using Your Power Directly and Respectfully
- Module 7 Planning Your Path Forward
- Module 8 Appendix
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for:
- Project Managers
- Project Team Members
- Project Leaders
- Project Team Members
- Project Stakeholders
Take Command of Your Projects includes a participant workbook and a copy of the Griffin Tate Group's best-selling book, the Project Management Memory Jogger™ second edition.